brilliant info

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My Rendezvous with Singer/Actress Vasundhara Das












1st web news by Marsha-published by www.daijiworld.com
News -- USA: Nine-year-old Marsha Narrates Her Meeting with Vasundhara Das
My Rendezvous with Vasundhara Das
Recently, I had an opportunity to meet with Vasundhara Das ("It's time to Disco" and "Monsoon Wedding" fame) in a hotel where my parents, 5-year-old brother Vivek and I stayed in Florida. It turned out to be a pleasant experience for me. I bumped into Ms Das several times over a period of three days, and ended up strolling around and having informal and memorable conversations with her. She made me feel comfortable enough to discuss from a Bollywood movie 'Monsoon Wedding' to a cartoon movie 'Ice Age'. She never made me feel that I was just another nagging 9-year-old kid asking her silly questions; instead, she answered each and every one of them very politely and patiently.
I had heard about how 'Monsoon Wedding' was shot with the help of a small camcorder. So I asked my first curious question about it. She answered, "Yes, it was really made out of one those small camcorders that we hang it on our shoulder. Once the movie was shot, it was transferred to a chip and then to a computer to make the movie look bigger on screen".
I asked if acting was like really, really hard. She said it depended on how hard one wants to work. I asked her if being an actress was fun thing to do in life. She said it depended on how he or she wants to make it as fun. Then I asked her questions about her multilingual talent. When I requested her to sing in French and Spanish for me, she gladly accepted my request and sang a few lines in both languages. We discussed 'Ice Age' (cartoon movie) and Harry Potter books. Ms Das told that she had read J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series books and she liked them.
Vasundhara Das asked questions about my school, exams and my extra-curricular activities. When I mentioned her my extra curricular activities such as swimming, piano classes, she said to me that she fervently wished she had time to do such activities. I told her all about my hometown in the midst of beautiful Smokey mountains in Tennessee. I told her if she ever wanted to feel closer to nature or would like to join me for activities, she was most welcome to visit me anytime and she just smiled (maybe, in agreement!)
I asked her for her e-mail ID and telephone number. She gave me her autographed business card. Seeing it, I asked her why her business card looked so plain and simple. She said she liked simple things. She also autographed my brother's T-shirt and mine. The time that I spent with her flew too quickly. I drew a heart on her arm and signed my name on an envelope that she was carrying in her hand. Then we hugged and said goodbye to each other. Since then I have been in touch with her through emails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home